2013 Human Capital Leadership Forum
2013 Human Capital Leadership Forum
May 30, 2013 - Chicago, IL
JOIN LIKE-MINDED PROFESSIONALS IN YOUR FIELD FOR A FULL DAY OF LEARNING. EXPLORE CUTTING EDGE CONTENT AND EXPAND YOUR NETWORK WITH THE BEST AND BRIGHTEST EXECUTIVES IN THE REGION!
This event will feature insights from top executives, including:
Thomson Reuters View Bio »
Achievers View Bio »
Oracle View Bio »
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide View Bio »
Catholic Relief Services View Bio »
Fifth Third Bank View Bio »
Shoe Carnival, Inc. View Bio »
U.S. Cellular Corporation View Bio »
SunEdison View Bio »
ATB Financial View Bio »
Thor Industries, Inc. View Bio »
ACCO Brands Corporation View Bio »
Fortune Brands Home & Security View Bio »
Right Management View Bio »
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois View Bio »
Hospira View Bio »
Mercer View Bio »
Abbott Laboratories View Bio »
BTS USA Inc. View Bio »
View Bio »
ATB Financial View Bio »
AchieveGlobal View Bio »
As Human Capital leaders continue to face tough decisions as a result of a still-improving economy, other critical areas remain top-of-mind, including keeping employees engaged, creating succession management plans, handling executive compensation, and increasing influence in the board room. These challenges put a number of new pressures on Human Capital leaders, who must balance business demands while simultaneously satisfying the workforce. These are among the topics that will be discussed at the 2013 Human Capital Leadership Forum in Chicago.Print Agenda Related Past Event
To download the program from this member meeting please fill out the form below:
8:00am – 9:00am
9:00am – 9:05am
Argyle Executive Forum Opening Remarks
9:05am - 9:10am
Introducing Sherri Wright-Schwietz and Leeann Jarman:
VP Practice Leader, Talent Management
9:10am – 9:45am
“What is your organization’s DNA?”
Do you know the DNA required for your organizations top talent? Join this session and you will be steps closer to solving the mystery and cracking the case! In this session, Sherri and Leeann will share the collaborative effort between the business and talent experience teams to create the fingerprint for the ideal ATB employee. Learn how a thorough investigation, of all the critical clues, will solve the mystery of finding the perfect fit. And by doing this we are no longer competing for the same talent as our competitors as experience isn’t what we need it’s DNA, culture and values fit.
- Learn from our investigation to uncover the DNA required for success in our organization and solve the secret of success
- Learn how to leverage experts for different stages of the investigation
- We will share our lessons learned and best practices and what not to do!
Head of Talent and Story, Investor Services
Director, Talent Innovation
9:50am – 10:10am
Thought Leadership Spotlight Presented by Oracle
"Winning the war for talent in a time of talent scarcity"
The link between talent and business performance has never been stronger. CEOs are convinced of this fact and more than 75% are changing their talent management strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
While improving the efficiency of individual processes—including recruiting, performance management, succession planning, professional development, and compensation—is a good first step, true success comes from executing strategies that are based on holistic views of talent across all your processes.
Join us to learn how talent leaders like you are leveraging talent management today. This morning event will highlight the latest human capital management trends and how to:
- Understand the data from your talent management processes and how to connect it to your business performance
- We are entering the age of Career Agility – what is it and how can companies address it.
- Capitalize on the latest social, mobile and analytic tools
Find out why HR leaders are fast becoming key decision-makers within the company. Learn firsthand how to implement HR best practices and elevate HR’s contribution.
Business Transformation Practice Leader - Learning & Performance
*Please note, this session is off the record.
10:10am – 10:40am
10:40am – 11:25am
"Innovations in Strategy Execution and Culture Transformation"
Today’s businesses must chart a course for competitive advantage in rough economic, regulatory, political and competitive waters. And once that strategy is set at the executive level, getting the organization to execute with alignment and velocity is key to the strategy’s success. In the words of AXA Asia Pacific former CEO Andrew Penn, “Good execution over strategy separates leaders from players in the marketplace. It is in execution where you succeed or fail.” Culture can make or break strategy execution, and company’s cultures have been challenged by the economic downturn and constant change. The panel will discuss how HR executives can partner with their executive and business leaders to:
- Build the culture and mindsets that support successful strategy execution
- Align the whole organization to the new strategy, creating authentic commitment and readiness to execute
- Identify and develop the critical business and leadership capabilities needed to successfully execute the strategy
Senior Vice President
Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resource Officer
Vice President Human Resources
Thor Industries, Inc.
J. Todd Phillips
Former Vice President - Illinois Local Markets & Sales Strategy
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
Vice President, Organization Development
Divisional Vice President, Talent & Development
11:30am – 11:50am
Thought Leadership Spotlight Presented by Achievers
"Creating Recognition Accountability With Your Leaders: Westin Ottawa’s Journey"
In the hospitality industry, engaged employees mean happy guests, but it takes strong leader to make change work. Michelle Cosh, Director of Human Resources/Service Culture Facilitator at the Westin Ottawa, will explain how her team partnered with Achievers to create Journey Rewards, its online recognition platform. Additionally, Michelle will dive into lessons learned and best practices for getting leaders on board to make recognition a successful tool.
In this session you will:
- Understand why Westin Ottawa pursued an online recognition platform
- Learn why accountable leaders are critical to program success
- Be able to implement strategies to create accountability among your leaders
Client Success Associate
Director of Human Resources, The Westin Ottawa
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide
11:50am – 12:10pm
12:10pm - 12:15pm
Introducing the "Talent Strategy and Keeping Employees Engaged" Panel Discussion:
Regional Director of Sales
12:15pm – 1:00pm
"Talent Strategy and Keeping Employees Engaged"
Session topics include, but are not limited to:
- How do challenges across different age groups impact productivity and engagement in the workplace?
- How can employers foster loyalty and retain talent by understanding the needs of different generations?
- How have you demonstrated the impact of engagement to build company-wide support and participation in your engagement strategy?
- What are some contributors to connecting employees with one another, promoting a collaborative culture and creating an environment for high performance?
- Using organizational design as a lever for both growth and cost control
- How do you ensure employees feel connected to the organization and understand how their efforts contribute to its success?
- How do a company’s values contribute to retention?
Former Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer
ACCO Brands Corporation
EVP, Human Resources
Catholic Relief Services
Senior Vice President, Human Resources
Fifth Third Bank
Senior Vice President - Human Resources
Fortune Brands Home & Security
Principal, Diversity and Inclusion
1:00pm – 2:00pm
2:00pm – 2:40pm
"Developing Customer-centric Business Strategies (In 140 Characters Or Less?)"
Being a customer-centric company isn’t just about having the best customer service people….it’s also about ensuring that every function in the organization is aligned to this goal. And in our fast-paced world of tweets and texts, keeping all functions aligned to that goal is necessary and challenging at the same time. And engaging our HCM business partners in this journey is an important first step.
In this highly interactive session, we’ll talk about:
- Service strategies – what they are and why they matter (especially to HCMs!)
- Keeping customers who are satisfied AND loyal
- Understanding the role of social media in any service strategy
Attendees will discuss real companies and real stories about customer experience journeys and challenges with a light mix of academic learning so we can apply the principles to our companies when we return to them after the conference.
Senior Vice President, Customer Experience
2:40pm – 3:05pm
3:05pm – 3:40pm
“The Ripple Effect of Blind Spots in HR”
Chief Diversity Officer
U.S. Cellular Corporation
Senior Executive and HR Thought Leader
3:45pm – 4:20pm
"Servant Leadership. Turn the Org Chart Upside Down."
The CHRO’s success depends on leading in a highly impactful way . . . as a servant-leader. I intend to challenge our HR leaders to consider this powerful perspective shift. We cannot “manage” our way to success. If we truly want to meet HR’s #1 Priority of “Business Alignment”, and EARN our seat at the table, we must lead our teams, and lead throughout our organization. I will offer personal examples from my Marine Corps career and from my 13 years at Shoe Carnival, Inc. to make the case.
Senior Vice President of Human Resources and In-House Counsel
Shoe Carnival, Inc.
4:20pm – 4:25pm
Argyle Executive Forum Closing Remarks
4:25pm – 5:25pm
*Please note, the agenda is subject to change.
Explore the most critical challenge areas and hot topics for HR leaders such as:
Examine how your organization is using technology to better align HR with the business to drive results, and how these adjustments are impacting the bottom line. Our speakers will discuss:
- Using workforce and predictive analytics to make decisions
- Leveraging mobile and social tools to manage recruiting efforts
- Modernizing the function through adoption of new skillsets
- Sharing the impact of human resources with the executive team
Empowering the workforce
Review the obstacles of building a unique organizational culture through employee engagement, and the importance of finding solutions to develop workforce efficiency. Get briefed on:
- Pinpointing employee needs and wants through effective communication
- Measuring the success of training initiatives and learning opportunities
- Providing engaging learning and development options for staff
- Deploying tools to nurture leaders and grow engagement from within
Recruiting top talent
Reflect on major issues that are intrinsic to identifying top talent and maintaining a high level of engagement, and discuss how the candidate profiles differ across generations. Gain insight into:
- Approaching and engaging the digitally savvy candidate
- Using innovative tools to attract and empower
- Prospecting smart with a strategic, targeted workforce plan
- Maintaining selectivity while humanizing the application process
The role of HR
The HR discipline continues to evolve in scope and practice. Discuss the ways human capital executives are change agents, reviewing the challenges of creating a results driven vision and culture. Hear about:
- Aligning the organization with a new 'people' strategy
- Creating a high performance culture that supports business goals
- Leveraging mechanisms and tools to motivate and engage employees
- Making a difference through a larger role on the executive team
Still have questions? We have answers.
I want to attend, but what if I'm unsure of my schedule and need to cancel my participation?
Just let us know. We understand that schedules change! However, we always have a waiting list for this event, and if you don't cancel, we will assume you are still attending and your spot will go unused. If you must, cancel at least 48 hours prior to the event to make room for others!
What if I can't be OOO for a whole day, or need to come late?
We have wifi and private rooms available for attendees to take calls and spend some quiet time on emails, as well as access to printing. Have a morning meeting you can't miss? No problem. This event was designed for busy executives - we get it.
I'd like to bring some colleagues. Do I need to register them online?
Events are more fun with friends, and we'd be happy to host your team. You can have them register online, or send us their names, titles and email addresses and we will take care of it for you!
I don't see the event venue listed. Where will the meeting be held?
To maintain exclusivity, we don't release the venue address until the registration process has been completed. All logistical details will be shared once you have requested a pass and been approved.
"The topics are contemporary and thought-provoking, and the speakers are excellent across the board. "
A VP of HR at totes Isotoner on the quality of content at Argyle Human Capital forums.
"Argyle does a terrific job of making sure the right people are in the room, having the right conversations to drive their businesses forward. "
The CHRO of Snyder's Lance on attending Argyle Human Capital events and making connections.
"The experiences I've had at their forums are unlike that from any other symposium I've attended. "
The VP of HR & Development at Vantage West Credit Union on the Argyle Human Capital series.