2017 Chief Legal Officer Leadership Forum
2017 Chief Legal Officer Leadership Forum
June, 2017 - Washington, DC
EXPLORE THE LATEST TRENDS AND REGULATORY DEVELOPMENTS IMPACTING THE LEGAL LANDSCAPE
Why You Should Attend!#ArgyleCLO
Argyle Executive Forum is bringing together leading senior legal executives for our annual Chief Legal Officer Forum in Washington D.C. Throughout a full day of thought leadership content and networking, we will focus on the most pressing issues that legal executives are facing in 2017, with an agenda geared specifically towards General Counsels, Chief Legal Officers, Chief Compliance Officers, as well as Deputy GCs, Assistant GCs, Corporate Secretaries, and VPs of Compliance, Legal, Ethics, and M&A in a leadership role. Topics will include:
- How economic, geopolitical, and regulatory changes are impacting the global business landscape in 2017, particularly with regards to regulation and compliance
- Effectively identifying and communicating top areas of risk to the management team
- Understanding how the GC’s role will continue to evolve with regards to global data privacy management and the modern security environment
- Driving effectiveness and efficiency as a modern in-house lawyer
- Predictions on the M&A landscape and how leading GCs are driving strategic alliances and divestitures
- How to build and maintain an effective ethics program
- Best practices in recruiting and leading a high performing legal team
Our keynote presentations, fireside chats, panel sessions, and networking breaks will enable candid discussions with your peers focused on these topics and more. Speakers at our 2016 Washington D.C. Forum included Leslie Thornton, SVP, GC & Corporate Secretary at WGL Holdings; Sam Eberts, CLO, Corporate Secretary & SVP of Corporate Affairs at Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings;
Brian Edge, Chief Compliance & Ethics Officer at Washington Gas; Brian Ellis, SVP & GC at Danaher Corporation; Brian Brooks, EVP, Corporate Secretary & GC at Federal National Mortgage Association; and more.
We look forward to bringing together another fantastic faculty in 2017, and to hosting you alongside our community of Fortune 500 legal leaders hailing from the nation’s capital and beyond!
8:00am - 9:00am Networking breakfast and registration
Take the time to get to know the fellow attendees, speakers and sponsors that you will be sharing the day with. Continental breakfast with coffee, tea and juices will be served.
9:00am - 1:00pm Morning sessionsOur speakers share their expertise on hot topics and challenge areas through various presentation styles. Keynotes, panels and fireside chats will be broken up by networking breaks.
1:00pm - 2:00pm Lunch
Enjoy a healthy buffet lunch and networking time.
2:00pm - 4:30pm Afternoon sessions
Our speakers will share their expertise on hot topics and challenge areas through various presentation styles. Sessions will be broken up by one afternoon coffee and snack break.
4:30pm - 6:00pm Cocktail reception
Wrap up the day with a cocktail (or a few!) and hors d'Oeuvres. Head home with new connections and a notebook full of key takeaways to implement back at the office.
What will be discussed? Explore legal hot topics and challenge areas such as:
The GC’s growing strategic role
Explore the evolving role of the GC and specifically how legal professionals are critical in planning the strategic growth and direction of the company. Learn about:
- Preparing for the new era of regulatory change
- Utilizing technological advancements
- Managing risk exposure to the org
- Maximizing the value of the legal team
The modern legal landscape
Examine the key regulatory trends GCs are facing, and how they are forced to adapt to a constantly changing landscape as a result. Get tips on:
- Identifying compliance red flags
- Maintaining compliance with FCPA
- Effectively managing a legal department across borders
- Making predictions for the future
The GC and M&A
Discuss best practices and lessons learned with regards to due diligence in evaluating and negotiating good and bad M&A opportunities. Learn how top CLOs are:
- Protecting corporate reputation during growth
- Planning ahead for an acquisition
- Innovating within M&A
- Enabling growth despite reduced liquidity
Driving efficiency during litigation
Review the biggest initial challenges that GCs face at the start of a litigation case, and how these challenges have evolved over the last 5 years. Gain insight on:
- Leveraging e-discovery to manage budget
- Collaborating to mitigate ethical concerns
- Responding effectively to ethical issues
- Managing costs during litigation
Technology and the GC
Hear how successful CLOs are navigating the new digital landscape and dealing with the subsequent data and security issues that have emerged because of this shift. Hear how GCs are partnering with IT teams to:
- Managing data to meet objectives
- Addressing the proliferation of data
- Evaluating weak areas of e-discovery
- Protecting from cyber security issues
Still have questions? We have answers.
I want to attend, but what if I'm unsure of my schedule and need to cancel my participation?
Just let us know. We understand that schedules
we always have a waiting list for this event,
and if you don't
cancel, we will assume you are still attending
and your spot will
go unused. If you must, cancel at least 48 hours
prior to the
event to make room for others!
What if I can't be OOO for a whole day, or need
to come late?
We have wifi and private rooms available for
attendees to take
calls and spend some quiet time on emails, as
well as access to
printing. Have a morning meeting you can't miss?
No problem. This
event was designed for busy executives - we get
I'd like to bring some colleagues. Do I need to
Events are more fun with friends, and we'd be happy to host your team. You can have them register online, or send us their names, titles and email addresses and we will take care of it for you! request a pass.
I don't see the event venue listed. Where will
the meeting be
To maintain exclusivity, we don't release the
venue address until
the registration process has been completed. All
details will be shared once you have requested a
pass and been
I have not only been able to hear industry leaders discuss top of mind issues but also make valuable connections with peers through their various networking opportunities.
A VP & General Counsel at Rent-A-Center Services on Argyle CLO Forums.
The opportunity to network with, and learn from, professional colleagues in an extraordinarily collegial setting is invaluable.
A VP & General Counsel at General Electric on access to networking at Argyle CLO forums.
The Argyle events are very well organized, carefully thought out and attracts not only some terrific speakers but also a great set of participants.
An EVP, General Counsel at Walgreens on the Argyle community.
Request a Pass
DON'T MISS OUT! SECURE YOUR PLACE TODAY.
Register to Attend
Reserve a complimentary ticket
*EXECUTIVES AT THE DIRECTOR-LEVEL AND ABOVE FROM ORGANIZATIONS WITH OVER 100MM IN REVENUES ONLY